Improving day-to-day operations and response times to drive efficiency savings, SafeZone enhances safety and security to offer competitive advantage, while safeguarding university reputations through preparedness against environmental and physical threats.
Traditional higher education campuses are under threat as the sector faces increasing pressure from globalised technology-enabled competitors, tighter funding regimes, and the increasing sensitivity of students and staff to the level of service received. Increasingly taking on additional responsibility, security and safety teams need to continually achieve better response and service levels, prove their performance and spend less capital on expensive fixed security infrastructure.
Used globally by higher education institutions, SafeZone enables:
- Complete situation awareness over large, complex environments enabling incident teams to mobilise rapid, effective response to incidents
- Real-time, geo-located single-button alerts that eliminate language, cultural and communication issues, delivering accurate and timely intelligence to all relevant response team members as an incident unfolds
- Management and protection of lone and out-of-hours workers
- Fast, cost-effective targeted mass-communication during large-scale critical incidents.
Higher education institutions across the world are realising the benefits of SafeZone in enhancing the safety of students and staff, and driving higher efficiencies and service levels, while protecting brand and reputation.
- More effective security management
- Faster, more accurate incident reporting
- More efficient response with better incident outcomes
- Enhance the student experience
- Better management of worker Health & Safety, lowering workplace risk
- Cost-effective, fast and reliable mass communications
- Effective collaboration and Continuous Service Improvement, and
- Knowing what resource (non-security) are available at any time
- Creation of SafeZone anywhere in the world to extend safety and security capability
- Enhanced reputation for student safety and well-being.
Download our Case Study from Northumbria University, Newcastle
Northumbria University has two large city-based campuses in Newcastle and uses SafeZone as part of its integrated approach to help promote and assure student and staff safety within this busy urban environment.