SafeZone APAC Conference
Monday July 30 – Wednesday August 1, 2018
This year’s SafeZone conference will be held where SafeZone was born, in Wollongong NSW Australia.
A free conference for SafeZone customers and others interested in effective management of safety, security and emergencies in large complex environments. Delegates will take part in a series of interactive workshops and meet with CriticalArc’s senior management team for 2 days of networking and best practice.
Conference costs including Welcome Reception, Refreshments, Lunches and the Conference Dinner are included in your free Registration.
Delegates need only cover their own travel, accommodation and breakfast costs.
Monday July 30
- 4:30 pm – Registration
- 5:00 to 7:00 pm – Welcome Reception, Novotel Northbeach Wollongong
Tuesday July 31
- 8:30 – Coffee and Registrations
- 9:00 – Welcome from CriticalArc CEO, Glenn Farrant
- 9:15 am – SafeZone @ Year 7 with CriticalArc CTO, Jahmai Lay
- 10:15 am – Morning Tea
- 10:30 am – Workshop: CRITICAL INCIDENTS – Managing Active Assailant and other critical incidents
- Lead by Steve Budgen former senior commander of AFP & NSW Police Tactical Response Groups and Garry Tyler, Security Manager, University of Queensland
- This workshop will include live exercises involving delegates, exploring management of high-impact critical incidents involving multi-agency response.
- 12:30 pm – Lunch
- 1:30 pm – Workshop: AWAY FROM HOME – Managing Lone Workers and International Travellers
- Featuring Denis Fowler, Director of Health, Safety & Security at University of York and Ben Halman of RAA Secure Services
- Examining ways further to reduce risk for people beyond your local jurisdiction, who are driving long distances, working alone or travelling internationally.
- 3:00 pm – Afternoon Tea
- 3:15 pm – SITE TOURS (Australian Taxation Office and University of Wollongong)
- Pioneering a number of innovations using SafeZone including indoor positioning and wearable technology, the ATO welcomes visitors to its Wollongong Pilot site
- From SafeZone’s first Pilot in 2012 and in an ongoing close relationship, UOW has contributed significantly to SafeZone product direction
- 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm Conference Dinner
Wednesday August 1
- 8:30 am – Coffee & networking
- 9:00 am – CriticalArc: Global Market Review and Strategic Directions (Glenn Farrant)
- 9:30 am – Workshop: GROWING SUCCESS – best practice in promoting active participation in the SafeZone community
- Lead by Campus Services Manager from an Australian University and Darren Chalmers-Stevens, CriticalArc MD Europe/Middle East
- Exploring what works and what doesn’t in the ongoing drive to recruit app users to the SafeZone community.
- 11:00 am – Morning Tea
- 11:15 am – CriticalArc: Research & Development Review (Jahmai Lay and Dominic Barnsley)
- 12:15 pm – Lunch
- 1:15 pm – Workshop: SafeZone product features and directions (Glenn Farrant)
- 2:45 pm – Afternoon Tea and Conference Concludes
Registration: Click here to fill out the Registration form
Our venue, Novotel Northbeach Wollongong has a discounted room rate for all conference delegates.
- To obtain your discounted rate, call the hotel directly on 02 4224 3111 and quote “SAFEZONE” for the discounted rates, as follows:
- SAFEZONE Conference: Monday 30th July – Wednesday 1st August 2018
Residential view room @ $189.00 per room per night (discounted from $219.00)
- Ocean view room @ $199.00 per room per night (discounted from $239.00)
- Ocean view balcony room @ $219.00 per room per night (discounted from $259.00)
Discounted Windjammers buffet breakfast @ $19.00 per person (discounted from $32.00)
- See Destination Wollongong for other accommodation options
Travel: Getting to/from the Conference
From Sydney Airport ~1h 15 mins to the hotel.
- From Sydney Airport ~1h 30 mins (station in the domestic terminal, to Wolli Ck, change to South Coast line, to either North Wollongong or Wollongong stations)
- In Wollongong, alight at North Wollongong station, walk to hotel 1.3km (16 mins), or take Free city shuttle bus (55A/55C) every 10 minutes
- If taking the bus, it may be quicker to alight at Wollongong station as the Free bus route is shorter to the hotel